SoCal 4th of July Challenge 2021
Boys & Girls Brackets
Ages: 2014 thru 2004
Deadline to Register: June 27th
- 3 Game Guaranteed
- No Coaching Conflict (During Pool Play)
- 10 point system
- Got Soccer Event
7v7 & 9v9 Small Sided (2014 - 2010) - $549
11v11 (2009 - 2004) - $649
Ref Fees Included*
SoCal Futbol Circuit 4th of July Challenge 2021
Tournament Rules, Regulations and Procedures
Rules of Play:
FIFA "Laws of the Games" as modified by USYSA and incorporating the latest USSF small-sided standards will apply.
make sure to have proper USYSA or US Club Laminated ID.
2020/2021 or 2021/2022 Passes Accepted
The Tournament Director and Committee shall maintain the right to independently make new and possibly
conflicting rules or regulations on the tournament website at anytime.
*This is a GotSoccer Tournament - the schedules and scores will forward to the appropriate links.
teams credential check-in is 45 minutes before first scheduled game at playing venue.
Game cards will be pre-printed by the tournament with the roster entered online
(must be entered by midnight the Wednesday night before the tournament).
You may update your roster by hand prior to credential check in at which point it will be frozen.
Complete details of check-in will be posted on the tournament web site and e-mailed to accepted teams.
All brackets and game schedules are final.
It is the intent of the tournament to bracket teams in a way to ensure the
best possible balance and afford the greatest competition and fairness.
Changes may take place based on team entries or subsequent team drops.
There will be no compensation for the loss of a game due to a team forfeiting or dropping from the tournament.
Match Format/Playing Times:
Teams are guaranteed a minimum of 3 games.
Teams must have a minimum of 7 players (11v11 play) to start a game.
Failure to provide these minimums at game time will result in a forfeit.
(2004-2009) - 11v11
60 Minutes Games - Pool Play * Semifinals*
70 Minutes Game - Championship Match*
Size 5 Balls*
(2010 - 2014) - 7v7 or 9v9 Small Sided
50 minute Games
Size 4 Balls*
Referee has been instructed to start all games on time.
Once ref whistles, the clock has started to run, No Stoppage time*
Halftime will not exceed 5 minutes.
Preliminary games may end in a tie.
Semi-Final and Finals games ending in a tie go immediately to FIFA kicks from the mark.
No stoppage of game clock for injuries, unless medical aid is called.
The referee may shorten the game if it does not start on time to ensure that subsequent games start on schedule.
The Field Marshal has the authority to shorten games.
Preliminary games are awarded points as follows:
• Maximum 10 points maximum per game.
Win = Six (6) points for a Win
Tie = Three (3) points for a Tie
Loss = Zero (0) points for a Loss
Shut-Out = One (1) point for a shut-out
Goals = One (1) point for each goal scored up to a maximum of (3) per game
Cards = One (1) point is deducted for each RED CARD received 0-0 Tie. A 0-0 tie is three (4) points, shut out point.
Forfeit = A forfeit win will be scored 1-0 & awarded eight (8) points.
Teams tied for advancement after preliminary games, the following tie breakers apply, in order until a winner is determined:
(In the event of a three-way tie, head to head will not be used).
• 1. Head to Head
2. Most Wins
3. Goals allowed
4. Goals scored
5. Most shut-out wins
6. Still tied and the outcome of the tie break could take a team to a semi-final or final game: go to FIFA penalty kicks.
7. Still tied and the outcome of the tie break determines which consolation game the team(s) progress to: use coin flip.
• Home team is listed first on the schedule and has choice of side lines,
provides 3 game balls and changes jersey when uniforms conflict.
• Visitor team will set up on the side opposite the home team.
• Spectators must be on the same side as their team.
• No one is allowed behind goal or goal line.
• Referees have been instructed to start the Games on time. Clock starts running on-time.
• Failure to take the field within a 5 minute grace period will result in a forfeit by offending team.
• Teams must check in with the field marshal at least 30 minutes before each scheduled game time.
• Players may be rostered to and only play for one team in the tournament.
• Unlimited substitution is allowed; substitutions may be made, with the consent of the referee, at any stoppage of play.
• Excessive substitutions resulting in confusion or delay of game are to be discouraged by the referee.
• Players must wear shin guards to participate.
• Players with hard casts cannot participate, no exceptions.
• NO DOGS ALLOWED.
• NO PERSONAL OR COMMERCIAL DRONES ALLOWED.
• ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, BBQs, AIR HORNS, NOISE MAKERS OF ANY KIND, ELECTRONIC AMPLIFICATION, EXPLOSIVE DEVICES, WEAPONS OR FIREARMS ARE PERMITTED AT ANY SITE.
Coaches are responsible for the control and conduct of their sidelines, including players, bench, friends and spectators at all times.
The use of coaches’ boxes and spectator lines will be enforced.
Harassment of the referees will not be tolerated.
Spectators or Coaches may be asked to leave the tournament site(s) at the discretion of Tournament Officials.
In the event that a spectator or coach is asked to leave the tournament site(s) it will count as a RED CARD for the purpose of points awarded to their team.
Any player or coach receiving a RED CARD is ineligible for the remainder of the game and all of the next game.
In the event of FIGHTING, ASSAULT OR FALSIFICATION OF CREDENTIALS, THE PLAYER,
COACH OR SPECTATOR IS INELIGIBLE FOR THE REMAINDER OF
THE TOURNAMENT AND MAY NOT BE PRESENT AT THE TOURNAMENT SITE(S).
Offenders will be reported to their State Association.
Tournament Officials will review the following for disposition and may impose additional sanctions:
• All yellow and red cards issued.
• All games forfeited or terminated for cause.
• Teams refusing to complete a game will forfeit that game.
Tournament Officials may impose additional sanctions.
Individual awards will be presented to the players and coach of the first and second place teams.
NO PROTESTS WILL BE ALLOWED:
Any interpretation of the Tournament Rules and resulting decision is at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director and is FINAL.