Thanksgiving Classic 2022
Tournament Rules, Regulations and Procedures
Rules of Play:
FIFA "Laws of the Games" as modified by USYSA and incorporating the latest USSF small-sided standards will apply.
make sure to have proper US Club or USYSA Laminated ID.
Must have valid proof to verify age:. School ID, Passport, Birth certificate with picture ID matching the name etc.
will be the final word for all schedules, scores, rules, regulations and procedures.
Any conflict between the tournament web site and other published information shall default to the tournament website.
The Tournament Director and Committee shall maintain the right to independently make new and possibly conflicting rules or regulations on the tournament website at anytime.
*This is a GotSport Tournament and the schedules and scores will forward you to the appropriate links.
teams credential check-in is 45 minutes before first scheduled game at playing venue.
First match of the day check-in is 30 minutes before kick off.
Game cards will be pre-printed by the tournament with the roster entered online
(must be entered by midnight the Thursday night before the tournament).
You may update your roster by hand prior to credential check in at which point it will be frozen.
Complete details of check-in will be posted on the tournament web site and e-mailed to accepted teams.
All brackets and game schedules are final.
It is the intent of the tournament to bracket teams in a way to ensure the
best possible balance and afford the greatest competition and fairness.
Changes may take place based on team entries or subsequent team drops.
There will be no compensation for the loss of a game due to a team forfeiting or dropping from the tournament.
Match Format/Playing Times:
Teams are guaranteed a minimum of 3 games.
Teams must have a minimum of 7 players (11v11 play) to start a game.
Failure to provide these minimums at game time will result in a forfeit.
• (2005-2010) - 11v11
60 Minutes Games - Pool Play * Semifinals * Championship Match*
Size 5 Balls*
(2011 - 2015) - Small Sided (7v7 & 9v9)
50 minute Games
Size 4 Balls*
Referee has been instructed to start all games on time.
Once ref whistles, the clock has started to run, No Stoppage time*
Halftime will not exceed 5 minutes.
Preliminary games may end in a tie.
Semi-Final and Finals games ending in a tie go immediately to FIFA kicks from the mark.
No stoppage of game clock for injuries, unless medical aid is called.
The referee may shorten the game if it does not start on time to ensure that subsequent games start on schedule.
The Field Marshal has the authority to shorten games.
Preliminary games are awarded points as follows:
• 3 points maximum per game.
Win = Three (3) points for a Win
Tie = One (1) point for a Tie
Loss = Zero (0) points for a Loss
Forfeit = A forfeit win will be scored 2-0 & awarded Three (3) points.
(Forfeit 1 game, Forfeit all)
Teams tied for advancement after preliminary games, the following tie breakers apply, in order until a winner is determined:
(In the event of a three-way tie, head to head will not be used).
1. Head to Head
2. Goals allowed
3. Goals scored
4. Most shutout wins
5. Misconduct Points accumulation received.
(1 point for Yellow Cards, 3 Points for Red Cards. Players, Coaches, Parents/ Spectators)
6. Still tied and the outcome of the tie break could take a team to a semi-final or final game: go to FIFA penalty kicks.
Still tied and the outcome of the tie break determines which consolation game the team(s) progress to: use coin flip.
• Home team is listed first on the schedule and has choice of side lines,
provides 3 game balls and changes jersey when uniforms conflict.
• Visitor team will set up on the side opposite the home team.
• Spectators must be on the same side as their team.
• No one is allowed behind goal or goal line.
• Referees have been instructed to start the Games on time. Clock starts running on-time.
• Failure to take the field within a 5 minute grace period will result in a forfeit by offending team.
• Teams must check in with the field marshal at least 15 minutes before each scheduled game time.
• Players may be rostered to and only play for one team in the tournament.
• Unlimited substitution is allowed; substitutions may be made, with the consent of the referee, at any stoppage of play.
• Excessive substitutions resulting in confusion or delay of game are to be discouraged by the referee.
• Players must wear shin guards to participate.
• Players with hard casts cannot participate, no exceptions.
• NO DOGS ALLOWED.
• NO PERSONAL OR COMMERCIAL DRONES ALLOWED.
• ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, BBQs, AIR HORNS, NOISE MAKERS OF ANY KIND, ELECTRONIC AMPLIFICATION, EXPLOSIVE DEVICES, WEAPONS OR FIREARMS ARE PERMITTED AT ANY SITE.
Coaches are responsible for the control and conduct of their sidelines, including players, bench, friends and spectators at all times.
The use of coaches’ boxes and spectator lines will be enforced.
Harassment of the referees will not be tolerated.
Spectators or Coaches may be asked to leave the tournament site(s) at the discretion of Tournament Officials.
In the event that a spectator or coach is asked to leave the tournament site(s) it will count as a RED CARD for the purpose of points awarded to their team.
Any player or coach receiving a RED CARD is ineligible for the remainder of the game and all of the next game.
In the event of FIGHTING, ASSAULT OR FALSIFICATION OF CREDENTIALS, THE PLAYER,
COACH OR SPECTATOR IS INELIGIBLE FOR THE REMAINDER OF
THE TOURNAMENT AND MAY NOT BE PRESENT AT THE TOURNAMENT SITE(S).
Offenders will be reported to their State Association.
Tournament Officials will review the following for disposition and may impose additional sanctions:
• All yellow and red cards issued.
• All games forfeited or terminated for cause.
• Teams refusing to complete a game will forfeit that game.
Tournament Officials may impose additional sanctions.
Individual awards will be presented to the players and coach of the first and second place teams.
NO PROTESTS WILL BE ALLOWED:
Any interpretation of the Tournament Rules and resulting decision is at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director and is FINAL.